The Valley of Heart's Delight


WEST SIDE
(now known as Cupertino)



West Side is a small village among the vineyards and orchards on the west side of the valley, about eight miles from San Jose.  It contains a general merchandise store, a town hall, a church, a blacksmith shop , postoffice, coopershop and telephone office.  The postmaster is Alexander Montgomery.  Rev. William Windsor is pastor of the M. E. Church, and the Collins District school, a short distance from the village, is taught by Miss T. W. Wheeler. 
 source:  Sunshine , Fruit and Flowers- 1896

RETURN TO SANTA CLARA COUNTY THE VALLEY OF HEART's DELIGHT

June 19, 2005