DAVID HAROLD CRAMER, Ph. D.
Principal of Campbell Union High School,
SURNAMES: LESHER, DAVISON, STEVENS,
The vicinity of Campbell and the surrounding country are fortunate
indeed to have as an able and conscientious man to care for the
educational welfare of the children of the citizens of that locality as
is found in Prof. David Harold Cramer, an eminent and experienced
teacher who is now the principal of the Campbell Union high school.
Professor Cramer is a native of Bloomdale, Ohio, and was born November
12, 1881. He is the son of David L. and Alice S. (Lesher) Cramer. both
natives of Pennsylvania. David L. Cramer is a carpenter and he and his
wife are now residents of Fostoria, Ohio.
David H. Cramer received his education at Bloomdale grammar school,
Fostoria high school and Wooster College, all in the state of Ohio. He
was graduated from Wooster College in 1906 with the degree Ph. B. and
for the next two years he was science teacher at Lake Geneva,
school and the following two years he served as principal of the same
school. In the spring of 1910 he came to California, and that fall he
took a graduate course in the University of California, majoring in
mathematics. Then going to Globe, Ariz., he was employed in the offices
of the Old Dominion Copper Mining Company for a while, coming to
Campbell in the fall of 1912. He became the vice-principal of the
Campbell high school and continued in that position for a period of
eight years, when he was elected as principal. The Campbell Union high
school has had a good growth having now about 170 students and eleven
Professor Cramer's marriage, which took place at Lake Geneva, Wis.,
united him with Miss Florence Davidson, who was born in Nevada, and
reared in Wisconsin, the daughter of Ebenezer and Eleanor (Stevens)
Davidson. Mr. and Mrs. Cramer are the parents of two children: Harold
D. and Hugh G. Mr. Cramer is a Knights Templar Mason. Politically, he
is a stanch Republican, and in religious faith, he and his family are
active in the work of the Methodist Episcopal Church of Campbell.
Eugene T. Sawyers' History of Santa Clara County,California, published by Historic Record Co. , 1922. page 1052