Bio-Sawyers- History of Santa Clara County-

 As enterprising citizen who is making a success as a fruit grower, the owner of a splendid producing orchard in the Moreland school district, is Frank Millich, a native of Dalmatia, born at Krucica, October 13, 1886, the oldest of a family of nine children born to Miho and Mary (Dragove) Millich, also natives of Dalmatia, who are farmers and are still living on their home place. Two of their children died from the influenza, one of them, a son who served in the World War, contracted it while serving under the colors and died from its effect.

Frank Millich was reared on the home farm and received a good education in the local schools. He had longing to try his luck in the land of the Stars and Stripes, a country of which he had heard such favorable reports. When sixteen years of age he left the old home arriving at Rosendale, Ulter County., N. Y., March 25, 1903, where he was employed in the cement works until 1904 when he made his way to San Jose, Cal., reaching here on June 1, of that year.

He immediately went to work in the orchards and thoroughly learned fruit growing and the fruit business. He saved his money so that in three years time he was enabled to lease an orchard and engaged as a fruit grower as well as a fruit buyer, in which he was
very successful, so that in 1913 he purchased a ten-acre orchard on Prospect Road, where he made a success, and in 1919 he sold the orchards at a profit. He then purchased his present place of twenty-five acres located on Phelps Avenue in the Moreland school district, his orchard being full bearing and devoted to raising apricots and peaches. The ranch is well improved with buildings and he also has a pumping plant for irrigating the orchards which enables him to keep them in a high state of cultivation.

The marriage of Mr. Millich occurred in Santa Clara County in 1912, when he was united with Miss Mary Lobrovich, who was born in the same vicinity as her husband and came to San Jose in 1910, an estimable woman of splendid attributes who has been an able helpmate to her husband.  Mr. Millich is a member of Morning Light Lodge No. 42, I.O.O.F., in Campbell, where he is well known and popular.
Transcribed by Marie Clayton, from Eugene T. Sawyers' History of Santa Clara County,California,
 published by Historic Record Co. , 1922. page  1684