HAROLD J. STANLEY
FORD AGENCY- LOS GATOS
An energetic business man of progressive ideas and up-to-date business
methods is Harold J. Stanley, proprietor of the Ford Garage and Ford
agency at Los Gatos. He was born in Alliance, Stark County, Ohio, June
7, 1891. His father, B. T. Stanley, was born in Damascus, Ohio, while
his mother was Anna Nicholson, born at Harrisonville, the same state.
They were farmers there until 1904, when they brought their family to
Los Gatos, Cal., where they engaged in ranching. The parents now live
on San Jose Avenue.
Of their three children, Mr. Stanley is the second oldest. His first
schooling was in his home district in Ohio, and after coming to
California he attended the Los Gatos grammar and high school,
supplemented with a course at Heald's Business College. He then began
the study of architecture in San Francisco, but after two years, found
the confinement incident to the work of an architect too wearing on him
so he turned to carpentering until 1913, when he began dairying,
establishing Stanley's dairy farm supplying Los Gatos families with
milk. On January 1, 1922, he sold his dairy business and equipment but
retained his twenty-acre ranch on Kennedy Road, where he resides with
his family. On May 1, 1922, he purchased the equipment and machinery of
the Ford Garage at Los Gatos from Mrs. Hart and was also appointed the
Ford agent. The garage is located on Santa Cruz Avenue, and is well
equipped for complete Ford service.
Mr. Stanley was married in Los Gatos to Blanche Angel, who was born
in*Wisconsin, and their union has been blessed with three children,
Helen, Leonard and Rachel. Mr. Stanley is enterprising and progressive
and takes an interest in civic movements that have for their aim the
upbuilding of the community. He is a member of the Automobile
Association and politically indorses Republican principles..
Eugene T. Sawyers' History of Santa Clara County,California, published by Historic Record Co. , 1922.